Transportation Facilities Plan
As the City continues to grow, so does its need for additional transportation facilities. However, before a project can be funded in the Capital Improvement Program (CIP), it must first be designated a priority in the 12-year Transportation Facilities Plan (TFP).
At a study session this week, Council received an early look at the proposed 2019-30 TFP. After existing projects have been funded to the tune of $227 million, $140 million is expected to be available for new investments.
View the preliminary 2019-30 TFP, including the Bellevue Way Project (TFP 242) as presented to Council.
Following environmental analysis this summer, Council will review and adopt the plan later this year.
Bellevue Traffic Alerts
With arrival of summer weather, construction season is in high gear. Here are few new alerts you should be aware of, as you travel around town.
- Eastgate overlay work, just east of Richards Road: 7/5 -12, Mon – Fri, 7 am – 3 pm for ramp work.
- Newport neighborhood overlay work above Eastgate Safeway (east of 38th and 154th): 7/5 -12, Mon – Fri, 7 am -3 pm for neighborhood ramp work.
- Newport Key Bridge construction: Ongoing through October 2018.
- Cascade Key Bridge construction: Ongoing through December 2018.
For additional information, see the City’s traffic alerts page.
Sound Transit Construction Update
Here’s a short list of ongoing closures relating to Link Light Rail construction.
- Bellevue Way Southeast reversible lane configuration
- Sidewalk closures and detours on Bellevue Way Southeast and 112th Ave Southeast
- Bellevue Way Southeast to I-90 west HOV ramp 120-day closure
- Closure of Southeast 15th at 112th Ave Southeast
- Winters House and Blueberry Farm Closure and new temporary lots.
To stay on top of day to day closures, see the East Link project page.