The 2019 Economic Forecast: Still Optimistic!
Nov 20, 2018
This year’s Economic Forecast event was very informative, and yes, even entertaining! We got an insider look on the year ahead including the Eastside Business Leader outlook, insights on the Eastside housing market, and the global and national economic pulse.
We know it takes lots of time to stay on top of key economic indicators, so check out our 2019 Eastside Economic Strategy Guide packed with information, market intelligence and insights to save you time. The Guide includes the results of our 25th annual Eastside Business leader survey, which gives us a sense of the current and future economic climate in our region.
Joe Quinlan, Chief Market Strategist with Bank of America is a local favorite for his candid insights regarding the global and national economy. Each year, Joe shares his top reads related to factors that impact the economy:
- Fifty Million Rising – Saadia Zahidi
- The Perfect Weapon: War, Sabotage, and Fear in the Cyber Age – David E. Sanger
- Factfulness; Ten Reasons We’re Wrong about the World—and Why Things Are Better Than You Think – Hans Rosling
- Our Towns: A 100,000-Mile Journey into the Heart America – James Fallows, Deborah Fallows
- The Fifth Risk: Undoing Democracy – Michael Lewis
- AI Superpower: China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order – Kai-Fu Lee
Joe “checked his glasses” and is still optimistic. He says we’re experiencing an economy that is “as good as it gets so let’s fix things.” He said it’s up to corporate leadership to solve the challenges that impact our community today. He emphasized that now, more than ever, we should appreciate what leadership means. We’re fortunate to have great leaders in our community and we hope you’ll work alongside us in the coming year to keep the Eastside a great place to work and do business!
- 5 Things
- Business Hacks
- Coalition Policy
- COVID-19 Response
- Eastside Business Alliance
- In the News
- Member News
- Olympia Update
- Policy Positions
- Press Release
- Thought Leadership