A Message from Outgoing Board Chair Gary Guenther
A short twelve months ago, the theme of my incoming Chair letter was “Collaborate for Success.” Viewing the Bellevue Chamber of Commerce from the Chair’s seat for the past year, I’ve been able to see this collaboration in action, and now more than ever believe that the Bellevue Chamber of Commerce is an outstanding way to surround yourself with, and connect with, the right people, expertise, information, and tools to take back to your companies and ultimately leverage to your company’s success.
I also believe that by getting involved in the Chamber’s rich array of offerings, you can find tremendous tangible and intangible returns for yourself and your business. To paraphrase Victor Frankel, you can’t aim at success, it must ensue as a side effect of a cause greater than one’s self. I believe that the Bellevue Chamber is a cause through which you can find numerous rewards. We have so many ways for you to engage, and through this engagement you have a great opportunity to bring success to your professional and personal life.
Over the past year, the Chamber Board of Directors and the Chamber staff have been working hard to provide our members many opportunities for personal and professional growth via many outstanding programs. A few that I would like to highlight include:
- The Eastside Leadership Conference. Once again we were educated and entertained by a variety of extremely smart and talented speakers. If you want to be enlightened and stay ahead of the latest technological trends, this is an event that you must have on your calendar.
- Our Spirit of Bellevue Run/Walk had a record number of participants, and not only provided an outstanding health and wellness opportunity for the community and businesses, but also helped provide college scholarship opportunities via the proceeds.
- Via our Advocacy Group, the Bellevue Chamber continues to be a leader in Eastside public policy discussions affecting the business community and provide a voice for our members on a wide range of issues at the local, regional, state and federal levels of government.
- Our Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) is an incredibly rewarding opportunity to give back and help mentor students in grades 6-12 who are working on their very own startups.
- Additionally, we are continually working on business solutions and programs that will help you grow and prosper in a fast-paced, technology-focused economy.
The Chamber is an extension of your business; its tools, resources, and people can help success ensue for you and your company. I encourage you to get involved, and along with other members grow your opportunities for success.
I look forward to seeing you at the Eastside Annual Dinner on September 29th to hear more about our accomplishments and plans for the future.
Bellevue Chamber of Commerce
2015-2016 Past Chair