Bellevue City Council back to work; Legislature ready to begin
Jan 5, 2015
The Holiday Season is in the rear-view mirror and that means it’s back to work for our elected officials! Check out The Blitz for updates and news in Bellevue, Olympia, and places in between!
Bellevue City Hall
Some highlights from last night’s study session and regular session:
1. Councilmembers provided comments on Bellevue’s 2015 State Legislative Agenda.
2. There was continued discussion of a potential Multifamily tax exemption for Bellevue.
3. Mayor Balducci declared January 2015 as Human Trafficking Awareness Month in Bellevue.
4. Councilmembers approved a resolution authorizing execution of a King County Youth Sport Facilities Grant Contract toward the development of Inspiration Playground at the Downtown Park.
What’s Happening at the Bellevue Chamber? Hear from your Legislators!
If you haven’t registered yet for the 2015 Coalition Legislative Breakfast on Thursday, do so here.
Legislative Session Begins Next Week
The Chair of the Senate Transportation Committee Curtis King (R-Yakima) and the Chair of the House Transportation Committee Judy Clibborn (D-Mercer Island) had opinion pieces published in the Seattle Times yesterday. Click here for Senator King’s perspective and here for Representative Clibborn’s point of view. The East King County Chambers of Commerce Legislative Coalition wants a transportation package anchored by an increase in the gas tax passed this year.
The Other Washington
Speaker John Boehner is being challenged for his leadership position, a challenge that could dramatically impact the new Congress.
Business Pulse Stories For Your Attention
“The Bellevue Apartments project – a final name for the complex is yet to be decided – includes 12 units for homeless families and individuals, a minimum of eight for veterans and three for families with children with developmental disabilities.”
“The [U.S.] Chamber thinks Republicans should be prepared to fund infrastructure, even featuring that message in some of its candidate advertisements last year. ‘The key ingredients to thriving free enterprise are roads, bridges and tunnels…'”
- 5 Things
- Business Hacks
- Coalition Policy
- COVID-19 Response
- Eastside Business Alliance
- In the News
- Member News
- Olympia Update
- Policy Positions
- Press Release
- Thought Leadership