Bel-Red Open House
Are you curious about all the changes underway in the Bel-Red Corridor? Traditionally the home of light manufacturing, Bel-Red is being transformed by the Spring District development, the Global Innovation Exchange (GIX) and multi-modal transportation investments.
Get a taste of the future at an upcoming community open house.
- Tuesday, May 22nd, 5:30 – 7:30 PM
- Global Innovation Exchange Bldg., Room 231, 12280 NE District Way, Bellevue, WA 98005 (enter off 124th NE via NE 12th/Bel-Red Rd.)
Kelsey Creek Culvert Replacement
In other Bel-Red news, the City has announced it will begin replacement of the Kelsey Creek Culvert, underneath NE 8th Street at 132nd NE, beginning in June. This project will help improve fish passage, protect utilities and improve road safety. Learn more here.
Memorial Day Weekend Recycling Event
Mark your calendar for the City’s annual spring recycling event on Saturday, May 26th, 9 AM – 3 PM at Bellevue Presbyterian Church, 1717 Bellevue Way NE.
Now is the time to empty out the garage and utility closet and dispose of unwanted household recyclables. And don’t forget, each vehicle can drop-off up to five boxes of documents for shredding.
Learn more here and be sure to drop off a load, on your way your of town for the weekend.
Construction Alerts Continue
Watch for ongoing construction across the City, as we approach Memorial Day Weekend.
Lake Hills Connector and Richards Road
Be prepared for ongoing slowdowns on Richards Road and the Lake Hills Connector, as grinding and paving continue.
- May 21 – May 25, Mon-Fri, 7 am to 5 pm southbound, 9 am – 3 pm northbound Richards Rd and 7 PM – 5 AM, Richards Rd from south of Lake Hills Connector to SE 36th St.
- All ramps from I-90 to Bellevue Way SE will remain closed overnight, Monday – Friday morning, May 21st – May 25th. Vehicles proceeding southbound on Bellevue Way SE, will still have access to both east and westbound onramps to I-90.
- However, All I-90 ramps to northbound Bellevue Way SE will close at night, through June, Mon – Thurs, 8 pm to 5:30 am. During this time, motorists will detour via I- 405 and SE 8th.
Bellevue Way SE
- Work will continue in the Bellevue Way SE east side curb lane, between the former South Bellevue Park and Ride Lot, and the “Y” at 112th and 108th SE, 6 AM – 6 PM through Friday, May 25. Expect two lanes to flow in the peak direction, with crews operating the southbound center lane as a reversible traffic lane during peak periods.
For updates, track the City’s traffic advisory web page.