A Few Bellevue Fun Facts for Your Holiday Gatherings
Dec 13, 2016
As we move into the December holiday season I would like to thank you for your support of the Bellevue Chamber of Commerce! We appreciate you using the Chamber to help accelerate your business no matter what business lifecycle you are in. As I think back through this last year I am so motivated by the amazing companies and people we have in our community. The vibrancy ranges from start-ups to companies with over 50 rich business years of history. The common thread is an entrepreneurial spirit for a unique market niche and proving extraordinary customer service! Bellevue continues to grow jobs, investments and residents.
I’ve gleaned a few fun nuggets so you have a fun fact to toss out at your holiday gatherings:
- Bellevue is the largest majority-minority city in the State of Washington.
- Information Technology companies are the largest concentration of jobs in the city.
- It is also the fastest growing sector.
- The City has more jobs than residents and over the next 20 years is projected to add 25,000 residents and 63,000 new jobs.
- Bellevue is now home to approximately 70 foreign-owned companies from 15 countries.
- Bellevue is also home to forty-five corporate headquarters. Many of whom have continued to grow and expand in Bellevue.
- In August of 2016 Bellevue was named the Best Quality of Life City in the U.S.
- Bellevue is well-known for having a highly educated and well trained workforce. The percentage of Bellevue’s residents 25 years and older with a Bachelor’s degree or higher has continued to increase from 54% in 2000, 59% in 2010, to nearly 66% in 2015 – one of the highest percentages not only in the State, but also nationally.
- The Bellevue School District reported that 99 other first languages were being spoken by children enrolled in the district during the 2015-2016 school year.
- The Bellevue School District has over 20,000 students and a 94.9% graduation rate (adjusted 5 year cohort graduation rate 2014).
- In addition, the City has a vast network of trails and nearly 100 parks.
- Bellevue College is the 3rd largest college in the state with an annual enrollment of over 37,000 students.
- The Bellevue Collection attracts over 22 million visitors each year and provides Snowflake Lane holiday magic with a family friendly free entertainment nightly (7pm in December).