405 Express Toll Lanes Coming September 27
Express toll lanes between Bellevue and Lynnwood are coming to Interstate 405 this fall, beginning September 27? So where can commuters separate fact from fiction? A good place to start is the WSDOT-produced YouTube video embedded with this post.
WSDOT’s dedicated I-405 Express Toll Lanes website is here. If you don’t want to click the link or watch the video, the below quick facts that will probably answer your questions. Another great spot for information is our Transportation Committee page where you can download a WSDOT PowerPoint presentation delivered at the Chamber in June.
1. Express toll lanes on I-405 between Bellevue and Lynnwood will operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
2. The minimum toll rate will be $.075. The maximum toll rate will be $10.00. The average toll rate will be between $1.00 – $4.00.
3. There are exemptions for transit, vanpools, motorcycles, and carpools with a Good To Go! account and pass. Carpools, however, will need a Flex Pass as well as a Good To Go! pass.
4. Carpools of 3+ will be exempt from paying a toll at all times, as long as a 3+ carpool has a Flex Pass with the “HOV” choice showing. 2+ carpools are exempt from tolls except between 5:00 – 9:00 am and 3:00 – 7:00 pm on weekdays.
5. Good To Go! rates will be displayed when you enter the I-405 Express Toll Lanes. The price you see upon entering the lanes is the rate you’ll pay – even if you see a higher price down the road. To enter the lanes, merge left until you reach a dashed-line access point, or use a direct access ramp from NE 6th Street in Bellevue or NE 128th in Kirkland.